Wood Energy Ltd is committed to a policy of minimising the impact of its operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous assessment and improvement. It will also endeavour to encourage similar attitudes within other organisations with which it associates in the execution of its operational objectives.
In particular Wood Energy Ltd will:
- Meet, and where possible, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, re-use rather than dispose whenever possible, and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials.
- Encourage the design of energy efficiency into new services, buildings and products and promote wise energy management in all operations.
- Promote the reduction in the level of harmful emissions.
- Promote the marketing of products that are safe to use, make efficient use of resources, and are capable of being reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Encourage suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment and promote the adoption of purchasing policies aligned to this objective.
- Encourage the location of buildings, structures and operational plant so as to minimise visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment.
- Ensure that its environmental policy is monitored and reviewed regularly by the Board and that the policy is communicated to and, with appropriate education and training, understood and implemented by its employees.